Smartphones have taken over.
In May 2015 Google announced that more searches take place on mobile than on desktop (see here). This is incredibly significant for business owners. If your mobile site isn’t just as strong as your main one, firstly what have you been doing for the last 5 years? Surely, you’ve seen the warnings! But more importantly, you could be sending over 50% of your traffic to something that converts poorly. That’s money down the drain.
But if that isn’t enough to convince you to step up your mobile game, perhaps the infographic below will.
- 74% of UK consumers have a smartphone by 2020
- 90% of UK consumers will have a smartphone
- 40% of UK smartphone users look up product information at least once per week
- 30% of UK consumers look at their smartphones withing 5 minutes of waking
- 66% of commercial tasks are performed on the mobile web
- B2B mobile queries have grown more than 3x
- 42% of researchers use a mobile device during the B2B purchasing process
- 1 in 3 mobile searches have local intent
- 70% of users contact a business after looking up info on their smartphone
- 40% of UK online sales take place on a smartphone or tablet
- 65% of decisions start on mobile and end somewhere else
- YouTube receives 45% of traffic from mobile devices
- 78% of the UK Internet population watch YouTube videos every month